The Huffington Post is seeking a motivated summer intern to join the HuffPost Business team. This full-time role, beginning in June and ending in August, is an excellent opportunity for an aspiring journalist to learn about new media platforms and gain experience at The Huffington Post.
The intern will work closely with the editorial team, and will have opportunities to pitch and write posts, work with the vertical's social media accounts, and use HuffPost's CMS to build and package content for the site, including slideshows. This is a fabulous opportunity to join a fast-growing site and a dynamic, fun team. A pro-active, detail-oriented intern will have the opportunity to grow and acquire solid real-world new media and editorial skills.
· Contributing content to the site
· Interviewing contributors and experts
· Photo research
· Creating slideshows
· Running occasional errands for the department
· Contacting PR contacts for images/press releases
· Writing posts, headlines, and teasers
· Loading content in to CMS
· Assisting with the vertical's social media account management
Requirements for Success:
· Communications or Journalism major preferred, but other majors are welcome to apply
· Demonstrated interest in business & finance is a must!
· Superior communications skills, both oral and written
· Well organized, detail oriented, able to multi-task, able to prioritize with minimal direction
· Positive attitude, loves a challenge, able to pitch creatively and execute ideas
· Able to follow up with project partners to ensure accurate and timely completion of deliverables
· Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
· Experience in creating/writing blogs is strongly preferred
· Experience using a CMS is required (ex.- WordPress, Drupal, MoveableType, etc.)
· Familiarity with Photoshop and InDesign preferred
· Experience with HTML preferred
· Working knowledge of social media outlets is required, including: Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, etc., and professional social media experience is preferred.
This internship is located in our New York, NY office, and is open to current undergraduate and graduate students, as well as recent graduates (only December 2012 and later graduates will be considered for this role). It is a full-time, paid role--40 hrs/week, $10.00/hr. This internship will run from early June through mid August.