CNBC’s Business News Associates Program is an entry-level rotational program.
This program is designed to identify aspiring business news journalists who bring a diverse background to business news production and business news coverage.
This is an 18-month program with possible assignments in: Breaking News, Field Production, News Desk, Show Production, CNBC.com and Bureau exposure.
The Business News Associates will be given an opportunity to learn all of the fundamental skills of business news production: finding and reporting stories, writing scripts, producing live segments for air and producing segments in the field.
In addition, program participants will be provided with a mentor, given structured feedback as well as opportunities to interact with senior news management.
Interested students will have:
1. Bachelor's degree;
2. Master's degree in journalism preferred;
3. Ability to relocate to Englewood Cliffs, NJ;
4. Business aptitude and understanding;
5. High motivation;
6. One internship in news organization;
7. Demonstrated ability to work successfully in fast-paced and high-stress environment;
8. Exceptional communication skills -- both verbal and proven written abilities.
Interested student should submit a cover letter, resume/cv and samples of their writing to NewsAssociates@cnbc.com.
All materials are due April 20, 2012 for consideration.
Please contact Felise Matlock with any questions at email@example.com.